Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Film Festival...everyday?

As a filmmaker I always appreciate a heads up as to what festivals are good and what really aren’t for whatever film I have to show at that time. With that said, I don’t know what to make of Without A Box and the e-mails I get from the company daily. On one hand it’s an ass-kicker - it says to me “you lazy ass make some movies, there are so many festivals out there” - but every day, usually around 5-5:30 I get an e-mail from them about another film festival or another screenwriting contest. Yes it’s great there are resources, but every day a new film festival or contest?


Granted some are regional or even local, which can a good place to show your film. (I had my largest audience ever for Mary May’s Suicide Letter at Bergenfield thanks to the feature that was playing after it, the theater was packed). But still, every day? Maybe I need to log on to my profile there and adjust my profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment